Saturday, January 29, 2005

Always the last kid on the block . . .

To get around to what the cool kids are doing.

So, here goes. Inspired by spending a way too-big portion of today reading Ayelet Waldman's Bad Mother blog, I figured I might as well get my own. It seemed easier than emailing a woman I've never met, and having to say things like, "Uh, I read your husband's books. I mean, you know, the famous ones. Except for the new one about Sherlock Holmes. That seemed weird."

Plus, there's this guy named Whetstone out there who keeps thinking the same things I do, and now I'll have empirical proof that sometimes I said so first.

Ayelet, in brief: I'm totally on your side about abortions, Caitlin Flanagan, and "Mommy Dearest" memoirs. But, for pete's sake, stop bashing the red states. Seriously. Talk to Whetstone about this one. It's petty and ignorant and mean. Love you!




No comments: